Sunday, November 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday (November 20)


One more six-sentence snippet from Chapter 7 of the WIP (Restoring Experience), a novel about loss and the search for meaning to give that loss a sense of purpose.

Last week I posted but I forgot to link to Six Sentence Sunday--yeah, where's my head these days?  If you're interested, here's that snippet, and here's the one from the week before.

Just a quick refresher: Alexia and Michael, the two MCs, are in the language school lobby waiting for the bus that will take Michael and the rest of the American students to Acapulco.  Alexia, an English teacher and not involved with this group (they're studying Spanish), isn't going, but Michael has been trying to convince her otherwise.  He's even offered--oh-so-generously--to share his hotel room with her.

Enjoy!

“Please--stop.”  
He took a step back, but didn’t let go of my hand.  “It’s so strong,” he murmured. 
“What is?” 
“This.  I’m seriously considering not going to Acapulco.”  
His tone was light, but it sounded like it was only half a joke.

Look forward to your feedback (I looooove comments), and to reading the rest of the Six Sundayers.  Thanks for the visit, and happy Sunday!

12 comments :

  1. Sweet and fervent. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and sweet. I'm interested in learning about these two, what their relationship is. I can see him taking a step, still locking hands. Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the visit, girls--this WIP has been so much fun to write. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Can't wait to read more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope he listens to his gut feeling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting - curious to see more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see more of this scene to learn more about these two. (And, ME, ME, I'll go to Acapulco! LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great six, Guilie! I look forward to reading more! :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to know more. . .o, quiero saber mas. I had my own little romance while studying Spanish is Mexico. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He sounds like he is smitten! Love the exchange, great six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't but love a persistent man. Great excerpt as always, Guilie. Flawless writing. Catch you next week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...